Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 4: I Don't Know Time

So here's day 4 of my unemployment. It's quite amazing how fast time goes when you're not working. When my job ended, I actually thought, hey, now that I don't have to spend 9-10 hours a day working, I'll have all that time to ramp up on iPhone development! I'll be up and running in no time!

Yeah.

The car needs to be fixed over three days due to parts being ordered in serial, each only after the last one is received. The graying ground beef and gently decaying vegetables in the fridge need to be tossed and replaced with fresh versions, presumably to be cooked this time. My wife needs help proofreading her grant, intermittent tech support, and to be generally supported during her busy phase. My oldest son bites a kid at school that used to bully him, and needs to be sat down and talked to.

Finally, I get to sit down and really concentrate. Oops, it's already 4 pm, and I have all of two hours left before I need to take the kids off of our babysitter's hands. At this point, I can't concentrate because I'm thinking about how the day's end is already near, so I just squirrel around watching hilarious videos and reading about a woman who apparently gives birth like a possum. Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment