Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 9: Staring Up the Curve

I'm undergoing a sine wave of excitement and panic, with a wavelength of a day, sometimes hours. Right now I'm firmly in the panic portion of the graph, and the amplitude is freakin' huge. My iPhone "application" now plays a sound, and I even know enough to see that it already has a flaw with how it handles playing that sound. But when I look at Apple's sample code, I get glassy eyed and my heart starts pounding, because I look at the code and think, "I never would have thought of doing that," and, "I have no idea what that even does!" It's at times like this when I feel like a complete idiot and despair of ever joining the ranks of Real Programmers, those geniuses who, through sheer force of intellect, automatically comprehend and even revel in this gibberish before me. I'm never going to understand this! Never!

In the back of my mind, I realize my panic is an odd thing, because I've created any number of custom apps and systems over the years and so you'd think that I'd have some measure of confidence. But, if I have any, it's cowering behind the medulla oblongata, whimpering softly so as to not be noticed.

Back to pushing the boulder up Sisyphus' learning curve...

No comments:

Post a Comment